Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Borders Is Closing



From MSNBC.COM:
Borders, unable to find a buyer willing to get it out of bankruptcy, plans to close its remaining 399 stores and go out of business by the end of September.
“Following the best efforts of all parties, we are saddened by this development,” Borders Group President Mike Edwards said in a written statement late Monday. “We were all working hard towards a different outcome, but the headwinds we have been facing for quite some time, including the rapidly changing book industry, eReader revolution, and turbulent economy, have brought us to where we are now."
The nation's second-largest bookseller, which employs about 10,700 employees, said it will begin liquidating stores as early as Friday. The only two bidders for the company were two liquidation firms, Hilco Merchant Resources and Gordon Brothers Group.


At first I was all like hell yeah, Borders is going out of business. I love when stores go out of business because the stuff is cheap as shit. But then I remember that all borders sells is books, CDs and DVDs. What the fuck am I supposed to do with that shit. I'm pretty sure that my kindle, Xbox 360, and illegal torrent website make Borders completely obsolete. I literally don't think there is anything in there store that they could give to me for free that I would want. If I was to go to their fire sale it would literally be as a favor with a trash bag just helping out the Borders' employees. I guess that's why they are going bankrupt.

P.S. After some consideration I have realized I would appreciate some of Borders' merchandise. Definitely not for me though, but I could stock up on presents for all the old people I know. Old people still enjoy books made from paper and are just now getting used to CDs and DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment