Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Lakers Are Going To Get Swept Because Of Some Fake Internet Rumor... Wait What?




From ESPN:

Referencing rumors published on internet gossip sites suggesting relationship problems are responsible for his poor play, some inferring Kobe Bryant's wife helped facilitate a breakup of Gasol's relationship with his girlfriend -- good lord, this is so high school -- Gasol said his relationship with Bryant is just fine. "Chemistry is great, actually. There has been a lot of talk, even rumors and stories made up that I don’t know where they come from, but it’s unfortunate. Apparently it comes with the situation that we’re in. People try to find reasons, throw stones at us at this time, and it’s part of the deal.”

Gasol said the impact of the rumors isn't so much on him, but those around him.

"I stay away from them but people close to me read them," Gasol. "At some level it's affecting some people that are close to me, very close to me. To me, it's sad, because if there was any truth to it, you deal with it. But, when there are lies or they make up stories, it's not pleasant. I don't think they help at any level. But, it's part of the business. We're surrounded by a lot of media and the media try to do their job the best way they can and some try to do that."


First off I think ESPN made this shit up because they are butthurt that they aren't going to be able to follow the Lakers in the championship and get to party in L.A.
Make no jokes about it though, ESPN employees party like a motherfucker. I'm talking hooker parties and all the bells and whistles, so I can't really knock them on that front... (But that's a different story for a different time)
But seriously what "internet rumors" are they fucking talking about? Deadspin hasn't said shit about it. Barstool hasn't said shit about it. And most importantly Shaboomin aint uttered a goddamned word about it. I googled "Pau Gasol internet rumors" and Pau Gasol cheating" and all I could find was a couple of sites saying they saw that ESPN had said that there is an "internet rumor". So way to go espin. Way to make a rumor by saying there are rumors. Go fuck yourself.

(By the way I hate myself for what I am about to say)

Doesn't it seem like a Maverick thing to do to sweep the Lakers only to be beaten in a 7 game series to the Grizzlies/Thunder? I really do hate myself for saying this.

P.S. I can't put my finger on why, but I have always thought Pau looks like a baby bird that eats food out of it's mother's mouth. Like I said. No idea why, but he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment